PHP Tutorial for beginner - Lesson 1 : Setting up Apache & MqSQL

Hi peeps! I just wanna share a bit on PHP, I'm a total beginner myself so if anything's wrong with my tutorial please drop some C&C (constructive criticism).

After searching through the internet, forums and by words of mouth I found out that XAMPP is the most suitable program to use for beginners like myself. Quoting from the website itself:-
XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use - just download, extract and start.

Step by Step Installation

  • Choose XAMPP for Windows (Depending on ur OS that is) and download. As for me, I'll go for ZIP archive because with this you're not required to install anything.
  • Download and extract the Zip archive to your drive C:/ or something and use it.
  • Now it's time to run your server! Open your xampp folder and run setup_xampp.bat
  • Next run xampp-control.exe
  • Go to Modules and start your Apache & MySql. If windows require you to unblock anything, just unblock it! :D
  • Now go to your web browser and type in "http://localhost/index.php".
  • Choose your language & you will be directed to the main controller page
  • You're basically DONE with installing Apache & MySQL =D
In lesson 2 I will show you how to do a simple PHP programming! tutu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tambah la lagi php tutorial :P

Anonymous said...

it is quiet interesting to use xampp..hehe